Monday 3 April 2017

Forex trading strategy 15: GUPPY BURST

Best forex strategy for M5 with GDP/JPY

The first step in developing a mechanical trading system is to understand and describe market behavior. The next step is to figure out the rules for entries and exits. The guppy burst seeks to exploit trading profits when the market  is quiet.
There is  a window of around  three hours  between the  close of  the U.S.  market  and  the  opening  of  the  Asian  market.  The  forex  market  is relatively quiet during  this  time and  tends  to move  in a  gentle  yet predictable manner.
The market then springs to life again when the Asian market opens. The guppy burst seeks to identify the trading range during this 3-hour window and anticipate a potential breakout of the trading range.
To take full advantage of this potential breakout, I have selected one of the most volatile crosses, the GBP/JPY, commonly known as the guppy among forex traders.

Forex trading Time Frame

The guppy burst method works with the 5-minute candle (M5). This means that each candle represents 5 minutes of price movement.
Indicators
We use only pure price action; no indicators are used for this strategy.
 Currency Pairs
The guppy burst method applies only to the GBP/JPY.

 Forex Strategy Concept

After the trading range is identified, we place pending long and pending short orders. The entry price for the pending long is at the resistance level while the stop loss is located at the support level. The entry price for the pending short is at the support level while the stop loss is at the resistance level.
The profit target is set at twice the amount of the stop loss. As an example, if the stop loss is 50 pips from the entry price, the profit target will be 100 pips. This is a risk to reward ratio of 1:2.

Long Trade Setup for forex strategy

The reference candle for this strategy is the one that corresponds to 5 P.M.
New York time, which is the closing time of the U.S. market.
Here are the steps to execute the guppy burst strategy for long:
  1. Identify the trading range in the first three hours after the U.S. market closes by referencing the highest high (resistance) and the lowest low (support) in these three hours. (See Figure 10.1.)
  2. Place a pending buy stop order with entry price at the highest high (resistance).

60 comments:

  1. Forex market is one of the largest market where many investor put their money with an aim to gain profit. Best Forex strategies help traders to take right decision at the perfect trading hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of educational information over different kinds of blogs do not such supportive as supportive all the points of this blog. You need not to find any other platform to verify the data stated here.
    EA Forex คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, It really is incredibly fantastic and informative website. Good to discover your site Very well article! I’m simply in love with it.
    forex thai

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading this blog. in my opinion, everything was perfectly written there as well as few small tips are also can be taken as healthy suggestion. Descriptive informative content written in this blog is very useful.
    ลงทุน forex

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.
    ไดคัต

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, It really is incredibly fantastic and informative website. Good to discover your site Very well article! I’m simply in love with it.
    Elliott Wave คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is really helpful to deliver updated educational affairs over internet which is really appraisable. I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now.
    โรงแรม ราคาถูก

    ReplyDelete
  8. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.
    og

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    โปรโมชั่น ตั๋วเครื่องบิน

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always replied to this blog post and its been a long time since I came into knowledge of this blog. One of my friend’s suggestion worked for me and I am still regular to read every post of this blog.
    เริ่ม ต้น forex

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first time I came to this blog and I found some relevant stuff here. Basically I keen to know new parameters of writing every-time and sometime it become really very hard to find such kind of platform.
    Forex 3D คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. They all are really very useful for me as well as for my team. We are definitely going to use its highlighted information.
    forex trading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somewhere the content of the blog surrounded by little arguments. Yes it is healthy for readers. They can include this kind of language in their writing skill as well as while group discussion in college.
    canvas bag

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    คูปอง Advice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.Call Option คือ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Detailed and descriptive articles written in this blog is really very helpful for me as well as for other who seeking such kind of knowledge. It is definitely going to become useful in coming future.
    อ่านกราฟแท่งเทียน

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    E-Currency

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am delighted to come to such a wonderful blog. I am really very impressed to read from top to bottom. I read every single line and understand the essence of every single word. I appreciate all efforts.
    ออกแบบและตกแต่งภายใน

    ReplyDelete
  19. The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog.
    exness ฝากเงิน

    ReplyDelete
  20. This blog is really helpful regarding all educational knowledge I earned. It covered a great area of subject which can assist a lot of needy people. Everything mentioned here is clear and very useful.
    เรียนต่อออสเตรเลีย

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.
    รองพื้น

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    เรียนภาษาเกาหลีออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    Bullish Divergence คือ

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great strategy my bro,
    I just recommend to implement it on Invstoc Platform that will pay 80% weekly rebate for each trade you do.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Greetings! Very useful advice within this post! It's the little changes which will make the greatest changes. Many thanks for sharing!
    kệ tivi đẹp

    ReplyDelete
  26. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so mmany interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! FXGM ZA review

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Thank you for supplying this information.
    bàn ăn gỗ

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice strategy! With forex brokers you can find some interesting offers and investments.

    ReplyDelete